Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Start of Something

Well, I've wanted to start a blog but never knew what it should be about.

I've settled that it would be about a lot of things:

- My vocal knowledge

- My tech knowledge

- Gardening

- Fashion

- and any other projects i decide to peruse

So i guess in 2 words it's about "My Experiences" :) I'd like to hope i'll have a good follow up for this, but who really knows? I'd also like to hope that what I have to share might help others, particularly all my Utaite friends who come to me for singing and recording material advice.

What is an Utaite?

First of all, I'd like to start off by saying that i feel really weird calling myself one. An Utaite is Japanese word that literally translates to "I sing" and is used to refer to the singers in Japan that covered "Vocaloid" material on a website called "Nico Nico Douga". The term has now made it's way to refer to singers that cover vocalic material, in general, on both Nico Nico Douga and YouTube.

I guess I feel weird adopting this term to describe my semi-YT career because, although I'm covering Japanese material, I am not Japanese and it isn't the only material i cover on my channel. So I suppose I feel like some sort of... poser i guess? That's not to say that if other YT dubber consider themselves Utaite, that I find them posers, it's really something I find a bit difficult to view myself as simply because I don't really take myself so seriously in this hobby. (My channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ta2crew90)

Even so, singing has been a passion that I was born into and in that respect, I will always consider myself a 'singer'.

With that said, I guess I will end this introduction entry in the hopes that people will be able to read and find something that they can take for themselves in this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment